Sharing & Learning Together

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Teaching better with technology

Hi all,

I have incorporated the use of my online course into my Science lessons by having a science lesson in the computer lab. I had searched for some educational websites on the internet when we started our new topic on Matter. I was very excited on finding some wonderful sites which allowed students to sort and classify materials into different categories. Then sort the materials according to their properties/ characteristics and finally answer a quiz on the topic. When I shared this with my team teacher she was also interested and we both wanted to watch the outcome of the lesson.

The children were in for a surprise as they had never had such an experience before. The lesson was a grand success as the children constantly interacted with their partners and discussed the answers before putting them down on the screen. There was definitely a lot of authentic learning happening with interest, challenges and satisfaction.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Geeta

    Delighted to hear of this online lesson - I am sure you enjoyed watching the kids and this is something they will remember!

    By Blogger Tara Kini, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home