Sharing & Learning Together

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wackeyyyyy all ! ! ! !


Wackeyyyyy all ! ! ! !

My course was Dimensions of learning (DoL). Amidst many constraints and activities, it is done finally. Lesson plans submitted, couple of classes attended by Shuchi, looking forward to another session.

There was not any chance yet, to have a big wacky lesson with the AS level class, the one I chose to apply DoL.

Here are two imahes of what I did with some other classes, that may be called wacky(only you could say).


What you see on the top left is one with 11 ISC Art, and it is about using charcoal. It is a part of a demonstration in visuals.

This one on the bottom left was an extension of class on form to the soccer field. In this case the students wanted to watch the soccer match. Usually I let my students watch such activities, principally because it is student activity and its thrill and fun is a shared experience, specifically among students and for the whole school community. That day I had an overlapping lesson- Class 9 ICSE and 10 IGCSE. Why not the play and people? I thought about the drawing lesson. I was not sure of its result at that point yet went ahead with the thought. It was purely an experimental one. Later students said that they enjoyed it thoroughly. I was also glad to see that students from other classes who do art too joined with the activity borrowing the sketch books from these students.

2 Comments:

  • two wacky lessons - great - and i really wish i had you visual and filmic documentation skills.

    By Blogger a.v.koshy, at 12:10 PM  

  • That sounds like fun Bala - loely to get more kids involved!

    By Blogger Tara Kini, at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home