Sharing & Learning Together

Friday, December 16, 2005

For discussion

Dear friends , I have put up five specimens of work by my students on my blog for your perusal.
I would like you to visit it and comment on them.

Though I started doing it before getting Shuchi's 'Christmas gift' while reading one of the essays she gave us, it occurred to me that it was talking precisely of one of the things I'm trying to do.

I am referring to David Allen's essay. " Learning from students' work"

I have show-cased five pieces or specimens produced on things not in the syllabus.

My question is, how can my having put it up there now result in a meaningful activity or process in collaboration which can benefit me and teachers and the students?

Please do take a look at this interesting essay by Allen and my blog and carry the discussion forward if you don't mind.

4 Comments:

  • Always one step ahead of us, eh Koshy? Great to have passionate people like yourself on this team.

    Yes, we will certainly have a discussion around how we can improve our teaching practice through looking at student work - if not informally right now, then certainly through a formal framework Tara and I have worked out for the coming module.

    Happy Holidays to you and all at yours, Koshy!

    By Blogger Shuchi Grover, at 10:27 PM  

  • thanks shuchi and merry xmas and happy new year to you and tara and the families too.

    By Blogger Marshwiggle23, at 2:50 AM  

  • Koshy, I am now several steps behind you! Although you did ask me to visit the blog at the beginning of this contact session, I was unable to do so till now! I will visit your blog and see the pieces of student work and comment on your purpose.

    Thank you for being so proactive - it is truly energizing!

    By Blogger Tara Kini, at 7:02 PM  

  • thanks for making such an effort to read all my stuff tara, that's truly energizing.

    By Blogger Marshwiggle23, at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home