Sharing & Learning Together

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dear Tara and everyone else

If I didn't post at once it was not meant to be in any way a kind of discouragement , please!

You know that March is the busiest month for plus two teachers.
Geeta Kamat was telling me that for elementary teachers it's a bit more relaxed.
For us we have classes going on for twelfth ISC , plus exams, invigilator's work, question paper setting, correction of answer papers and soon around the corner - report writing.
Added to this is the fact that I'm also doing a Saturdays course in Srishti.

I want to actually share something about how PPSE has been useful fo me - recently in a class I took out two of the graphic organisers we got from the GO buffet and used it and honestly it was a big help to the students.

The graphic organisers I used were the fish-bone exercise and one which divides a story into four sections - beginning , end, conflict, consequence....

Regarding the PPSE course being helpful to all of us - there's no doubt - and I'm excited when I think of how this program can grow and be a help to many more teachers in the future both inside and outside our school.

Hope we can chip in and help too - Tara.

5 Comments:

  • Ahhhh! If Koshy and Raji are blogging then all is well with the education world!

    I quite understand how busy you are Koshy. Been there done that. I am very busy too and am wondering what I am doing blogchatting with you when I have workshops oming out of my ears that are crying for preapration!

    So glad you find PPSE matter useful. In fact, your mention of the GOs has encouraged me to fish them out for the workshop I am planning on assessment - maybe I can show it as an assessment tool.

    Koshy you will be involved in the PPSE and induction faster than you think!!

    Tara

    By Blogger Tara Kini, at 3:56 AM  

  • looking forward to it

    By Blogger Marshwiggle23, at 3:45 AM  

  • Dear Mr. Koshy,
    Sorry to hear that you have got a feeling that elementary school teachers are relaxed compared to the high school and plus 2 teachers.We too have our corrections, report writings, department and section meetings, prep readiness, class room duties and ofcourse invigilations. I don't mean to shock you but that is the truth. Ha ha!
    I did try blogging but wasn't successful. I hope i can with my gmail access now.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:20 AM  

  • dear kalpana - i just mean that towards march it's more relaxed for you just like in sme other month it's more relaxed for us - usually in june for instance

    By Blogger Marshwiggle23, at 12:31 AM  

  • well all teacher do come on www.rateyourinstitute.com and rate your educational institutes

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home